Sony, RTS One of the oldest and longest running esports tournaments in the world, by making a joint agreement with a company named Evolution Championship Seriesbought. The company did not disclose the terms of the deal, but the organization’s talent management agency Endeavoura branch of RTSHe stated that he will manage with the help of.
Founding partners will continue to provide advice to the organization
According to Sony, the founding partners of Evo Tom and Tony Cannonwill remain in consulting roles to help them continue to guide the organization. In a joint statement of the two, “The new partnership is committed to bringing great tournaments and competitive gaming experiences back to you this year and beyond” It was said. In a separate message, Evo business developer Mark Julio stated that the tournament will continue to be open to all gaming platforms.
Last year, Evo was scheduled to progress as an online-only event. However, it was canceled after co-founder Joey Cuellar was accused of assaulting a small child.
After this incident Capcom Many video game publishers have started to move away from the tournament, including Afterwards, in a statement on the subject. “We want to reaffirm that any harassment has no place in Evo or any of our future events, and we take every precaution to ensure that members of our community are treated with respect, dignity and courtesy at all times.” It was said.
– EVO (@EVO) March 18, 2021
Sony stated that it will share more information about the acquisition in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, Evo 6 AugustNote that he will be back with an online tournament spanning two weekends in.
The event is open to anyone who wants to compete Guilty Gear Strive, Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate, Street Fighter V: Champion Edition ve Tekken 7will include.